Kzoo Parks is excited to present the Winter Family Scavenger Hunt! Join in this new adventure through city parks using clues and maps to find hidden items.
30 items will be hidden in 15 participating parks throughout the City for residents to find and take a photo with for a chance to win prizes. The scavenger hunt is free and all community members are welcome to participate.
Five winners will be randomly selected to win their choice of a Family Season Pass at Kik Pool or a week of summer camp for one child. Winners will be contacted via email and announced on social media Wednesday, March 3 at 12 p.m. The first 50 participants will also receive a free scavenger hunt t-shirt for each participating family member.
How to Participate
- Download the Scavenger Hunt Guide. The guide includes the list of participating parks, clues, and maps.
- Use the guide when explore participating parks to find hidden items and take a photo with them.
- Once you have found and photographed seven items (each in a different park), fill out the submission form to enter the prize drawing. All submissions must be made by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 1.
Rules & Guidelines
- Participants only need to take a photo with the items and are asked to leave items where they found them so that others can participate.
- The hidden items will be placed in locations that are within reach, and will not be placed in restricted areas, under any park equipment, or above seven feet off the ground.
- Participants will not need to look through flower beds or dig anywhere to find hidden items.
- Two items will be hidden in each of the 15 participating parks; one item will be in an accessible location near the road and the other will be hidden further in the park.
COVID-19 & Safety Precautions
Community members are advised to be cautious and follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines when visiting parks or participating in the scavenger hunt including social distancing, wearing face coverings, frequently washing or sanitizing hands, covering coughs or sneezes, and staying home if they are feeling sick or have been around anyone exposed to COVID-19.
When planning outdoor activities in cold weather, residents are reminded to dress warmly, check the weather, and plan ahead to ensure they can safely enjoy the winter season.
Questions or Comments
Please reach out to us with any questions or comments you may have by email at email@example.com
See Scavenger Hunt Guide for participating parks