Kik Pool will be open for the 2021 season from Wednesday, June 9 to Sunday, August 15 with safety precautions in place.
The Kik Pool is Kalamazoo’s destination for aquatic fun all summer long. The pool welcomes all community members for open swimming and also hosts a number of other activities such as aqua fitness, swimming lessons, lap swimming, and a swim meet.The Kik Pool is named after Nicholas Kik Jr., who headed the City of Kalamazoo’s Parks Department from 1950 until 1971.
The pool will be open for the 2021 season from Wednesday, June 9 to Sunday, August 15 with safety precautions in place.
- Monday – Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Monday – Thursday, 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday – Sunday, 1:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
(Must have ID to sign in youth and/or enter themselves)
- Must be at least 18 years old to enter the facility without a parent or guardian.
- 17 years old and younger must have an adult sign them in to enter the facility
- 12 years old and younger must have an adult with them to enter the facility.
- 10 years old and younger must have an adult with them at all times.
- Decreased capacity limits
- Increased cleaning of high touch points
- Lounge chairs will be free to use but must be checked out so they can be cleaned between uses.
- Masks will be required for guests who are not vaccinated while using the locker rooms but will not be required when outside at the pool. Fully vaccinated guests will not be required to wear masks.
- Guests should always socially distance from non-household members.
- Birthday parties and event rentals will not be offered at the pool for the 2021 season.
- NOTE: These are subject to change throughout the summer. We will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC and local health officials and adjust protocols accordingly.
Pool passes can be purchased with cash, check, or card at the pool or the Kzoo Parks office. The Kzoo Parks office (251 Mills Street) is open Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or Fridays by appointment.
Pool pass prices are listed below. Kids ages 2 and under have free entry.
*Up to six family members per address. Additional family members may be added for $10 ea.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Kik Pool remained closed for the 2020 season. Kzoo Parks used this opportunity to make several improvements to the pool, including installing a new pool liner and continuing the colorful mural paint from the outside of the building into the locker rooms. The new pool liner will reduce required maintenance while providing a softer surface for guests while enjoying the pool.