Milham Park is a beautiful and historic, 49-acre park located in the southwest part of the city. Portage Creek runs through the park, crossed by three bridges and a network of natural paths that wind beneath hundreds of mature trees. Four different playgrounds are located throughout the park offering different levels of play for children.
Milham Park also offers grills, restrooms, and drinking fountains, making a popular destination for family picnics and other gatherings. The park has a large picnic shelter that seats up to 144 people and offers electricity, as well as a smaller shelter that seats 30-40 guests (without electricity). Both are available to rent:
Milham Park (northern shelter)
30-40 guests, no electric, restrooms available
$90 for four hours
Milham Park (southern shelter)
144 guests + ADA accessible space for 10, electric available, restrooms available
$155 for four hours
Reserve a Picnic Shelter
Milham Park (formerly named John Milham Park by City Commission resolution on October 31, 1910) was acquired from farmer John Milham for $10,000. The park was dormant until 1918 when improvements began and the City Commission authorized a summer bus line to shuttle park-goers to and from the city, which at the time was several miles away. Over the years, Milham Park has at times included a campground, a zoo, an ice rink, and a swimming pool.
607 E Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo 49002 View Map