Winter Family Scavenger Hunt
Next date: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 | 08:00 AM
to Wednesday, March 08, 2023 | 05:00 PM
Take an adventure through city parks this winter using clues and maps to find hidden items on the Winter Family Scavenger Hunt!
30 items will be hidden in 15 participating parks throughout the city for residents to find and take a photo with for a chance to win prizes. The scavenger hunt is free, and all community members are welcome to participate. This is not an in-person gathering, but instead a self-paced scavenger hunt.
Five winners will be randomly selected to win their choice of a Family Season Pass at Kik Pool or a week of summer camp for one child. Winners will be contacted via email and announced on social media on Friday, March 10th at 8am. The first 50 participants will also receive a free scavenger hunt t-shirt for each participating family member.
How to Participate
- Download the Scavenger Hunt Guide (available starting Wednesday February 22). The guide includes the list of participating parks, clues, and maps.
- Use the guide when explore participating parks to find hidden items and take a photo with them.
- Once you have found and photographed five items (each in a different park), fill out the Submission Form to enter the prize drawing. All submissions must be made by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 8.
Rules & Guidelines
- Participants only need to take a photo with the items and are asked to leave items where they found them so that others can participate.
- The hidden items will be placed in locations that are within reach, and will not be placed in restricted areas, under any park equipment, or above seven feet off the ground.
- Participants will not need to look through flower beds or dig anywhere to find hidden items.
- Two items will be hidden in each of the 15 participating parks; one item will be in an accessible location near the road and the other will be hidden further in the park.
COVID-19 & Safety Precautions
Community members should remain cautious and follow local health official guidelines when visiting parks or participating in the scavenger hunt. When planning outdoor activities in cold weather, residents are reminded to dress warmly, check the weather, and plan ahead to ensure they can safely enjoy the winter season.
Parking & Access
Please note, some park vehicle gates are closed for the winter. At Milham Park, the parking lot on Kilgore Road near the picnic shelter is open year-round, as is the large parking lot at Spring Valley Park near the water tower on Mt. Olivet Road. Weather conditions such as snow or ice may also affect access to parking lots and paths. Please use caution when using park areas covered in snow or ice.
Wednesday, February 22, 2023 | 08:00 AM
- Wednesday, March 08, 2023 | 05:00 PM