City of Kalamazoo Parks to Open for Limited Activities Wednesday, May 6
City of Kalamazoo parks will reopen for limited use starting Wednesday, May 6. For the health and safety of visitors all hands-on equipment in city parks including playground equipment, exercise equipment, picnic pavilions, tables, and restroom facilities will remain closed.
When visiting city parks, visitors must follow social distancing guidelines and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Large gatherings of people will not be permitted.
“We encourage our community to use their parks in a safe and responsible manner,” said Sean Fletcher, Parks & Recreation Director for the City of Kalamazoo. “Please maintain the recommended 6-foot distance and follow all public health guidance to keep everyone safe.”
The City of Kalamazoo will continue to monitor the use of parks and may adjust policies or restrictions as necessary to protect public health.
All Spring Programs Cancelled or Postponed
Due to COVID-19 all Kzoo Parks spring programs and events have either been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Archery League: Tournament is cancelled.
- After School Programs: Cancelled. Families will be issued a pro-rated refund.
- Mini Moxie & Moxie Juniors Volleyball Programs: Cancelled. Families will be issued a refund.
- Adult Volleyball League: Current season will be considered complete.
- Egg Hunt Event: Cancelled
- Spring Break Field Trip Fest: Cancelled. Families will be issued a refund.
- Swim for Success:Both spring sessions are cancelled. Families will be issued a refund.
- Mini Kickers & Little Tots Youth Soccer: Cancelled. Families will be issued a refund.
- Adult Softball: We have adjusted our dates for the 2020 season to start the week of July 6. Registration is currently open for the season starting in July. Dates subject to change due to COVID-19. Teams that have already paid in full may request a refund.
Thank you for your patience as we explore options for how we can keep youth engaged and support our community during this challenging time.