Youth & Teen Talent Show
Kzoo Parks and the Kalamazoo Civic are excited to host a Youth & Teen Talent Show this summer! Youth and teens ages 10 to 16 can participate in the talent show with music, dance, comedy performances, and more! There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.
The talent show will be held during Kzoo Parks Lunchtime Live! event on Friday, August 19 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Bronson Park (200 S Rose St). The show will be hosted by Von Washington Jr. the Executive Director of Community Relations for the Kalamazoo Promise.
If you don’t meet the age requirements, please contact Kya Mitchell, Special Events Coordinator, at 269-337-8423 or email@example.com for accommodations!
Space is limited to 20 acts. Auditions will be held on Tuesday, July 26 and Thursday, July 28 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Kalamazoo Civic (426 South Park Street). You can sign up after auditions until August 4, but you will need to provide a video or description of the performance. Practice Dates will be held on Tuesday, August 9 and August 11 from 3 – 5 p.m. at Bronson Park (200 S Rose St).
Kalamazoo Civic Map(PDF, 430KB)
Talent Show Rules
- The show is open to ages 10-16.
- Everyone must complete the online registration process.
- Talents may include (but not limited to) singing, dancing, instrumental music, skits, magic, comedy, martial arts, juggling.
- In all cases, decisions of the judges are final.
- Absolutely no profanity or insensitive subject matter will be permitted. Including music in acts must be instrumental or the clean version of the song must be played.
- Costumes must be appropriate for all age groups.
- Acts are responsible for their own props and costumes.
- Recommended performance length is 3 minutes; acts must be no more than 5 minutes.
- All performances will be screened for appropriateness by talent show committee.
- There will be prizes given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- If your act requires any music, the music must be downloaded (preferably WAV or MP3 format) and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 5th at 5pm.
Friday, August 19, 2022 | 11:30 AM
- 01:30 PM
Bronson Park, 200 S Rose St, View Map